Like many of you I am stuck in a race....... the race of life. I am constantly wondering how am I gonna feed, dress,4 people and clean up breakfast by this time. Or how can I possible make it to the Dr's appt when I have x, y,and z to get done before it. And in my free time I get to fold laundry. Yes, I do manage to work out 6 days a week BUT I wake up at 5:45am to do that. SOOOO the other day I was wondering when was the last time I had a magic moment?
You that moment when you have a warm fuzzy and know that Heavenly Father has a plan and I am a part of it. That He HAS a plan for me and LOVES me and thinks I am doing a great job. Well it has been about 4 months for me. SO this morning while running I decided not worry about calories burned or time left or miles ran.... or all that I need to do once I am done on the T.M. INStead I decided to list in my mind my blessings. And as I did this Magic came back!!! I knew for sure that Heavenly Father must love me because he has given me soooo much. It reaffirmed my knowledge of His hand in my life. And even though yesterday while stuck in Walker Rd traffic I didn't feel his presence.... I know he is always there cheering me on. And I know that even though I fall short in many expectations others put on me ~in His eyes I am doing a pretty good job. ANd that is what counts.
I will never make everyone in my life happy all at the same time. That is impossible. But to know that Heavenly Father feels I am on the right track gives me the motivation I need to keep running in the race of life.
Friday, November 7, 2008
The Race/ a testimony
Posted by Shelly at 8:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Thanks for sharing these thoughts that I often have in my life, I am not alone in feeling overwhelmed and in a search for see the big plan for me. I know there is a bigger picture, and a reason for the trials. I am thankful to know the truth and that there is a purpose to all of lifes challenges.
By the way, I have tagged you, check out my blog.
What a great reminder! Isn't his love divine...that those occasional moments can last months! You have a lot on your plate, but it;s great that you still make that time for yourself. You are a great example! We are cheering you on, you go girl!
Thanks for that post. I think we all need those reminders that we are loved unconditionally no matter what.
Thanks for the moment. It reminded me that I too should stop and smell the flowers, take in the moment, and pause for reflection. I'm not sure when the last time I paused...(michelle)
Post a Comment