Friday, February 5, 2010

The GOOD stuff

When life throws you lemons it is hard NOt to have a sour, bitter taste in your mouth. I have tried REALLY hard to concentrate on the GOOD stuff in life. And let me just throw this in there that the gospel is really the whole reason I can see any good in this, it truly does bring you peace. You Really can turn your burdens over to the Lord and He will make your load lighter. There is such peace that come in knowing that you are doing what the Lord wants. Recently in a talk I said I would much rather walk down a hard road with the Lord by my side then be on the easy road in life and not even know if I was on the right path.



So here is the GOOD STUFF

Weekly dates with my husband(free live -in babysitters)

For the first time in 10 years we have no house payment or rent..if only no student loans too

I have been working a lot which allows us to have enough $ to pay our bills so we are kinda of stable

I have a great calling which I LOVE (primary Secr.)

My kids continue to find new ways to make me smile they truly are the joy in my life

Kaylee is back in pre-school and loves it

Sidney is saying many words..some good /some bad:)

I know for a fact that~ come what may, I CAN love my husband and life

I really don't even care if I have enough $ for a vacation this year, I am just thankful to have enough to pay our bills

Having sweet friends who check in and give me encouragement..thanks!

A new computer..after dealing with one on the fritz for 8 mos

going to the grocery store with a huge list and just a little money and walking out with everything on my list a little extra money(this is a tithing blessing)

Having time to train for a 1/2 marathon


So this is just a little sample of the good stuff in my life. I wish my husband having a job was part of this list ~but is not . It will be 10 mos since he was laid off. There are many times I wonder why me, and I have a hard time coping with all the frustrations and bitterness I feel, But in those desperate moments I am always reassured that my Heavenly Father loves me and my family. That he has a plan for us and that we WILL be OKAY..It might not be what we want, but nevertheless we will be okay. We have truly seen the hand of God in our lives and it is amazing and overwhelming at times how much he has blessed us, even though our biggest want and prayer (employment for eric) has not been given.
Many thanks for all your prayers and acts of kindness they truly do make a difference. In the past month Eric has interviewed with three local companies and we are waiting to hear back ..So please keep the prayers coming!!

Next post pictures I promise..we are switchin things over to a new computer..so soon I will post pics!

4 comments:

Lauren -HCP said...

thanks Shelly, way to look on the positive, I need to do that more.

Moffitt Family said...

A good dose of Shelly always makes me laugh and SMILE!!! When you need a little distraction just think about the Cleveland Zoo, Cleveland potholes, and that dang Cleveland Aerostar! Good news is on the way!!!

JP said...

You are so upbeat...that is a huge blessing. Good luck with the interviews. Keep us posted.

Jill

Jaime said...

I love how you are a glass half full kind of girl. What an amazing strength you are to so many. Thanks for the update. You are in our prayers.