Friday, December 11, 2009

WOW And merry merry

WOW !! What a crazy past month. It was a little over a month ago that we closed on our house. And we are realizing what a humugo blessing that was. If the job is going to happen(which we should know by years end so keep praying everyone!) , having the house sold makes it much easier to move on to the next one. Sometimes in order to be blessed there has to be an empty place for the blessing to fill. And not having my house or a job is a HUGE empty space and yes I am ready for it to be filled. You know it is really hard to do something -even though you know you are suppose to-IF you do NOt want to. Every part of my being does not want to live with my parents , But I am trying to see the blessings in this.
So on to my Merry, Merry.
Job or no job Christmas comes. I must admit, it is much easier to be excited and in the "holiday Spirit" when your husband hasn't been unemployed for 8 mos. But --Like many other times in the past 8 mos we have had to pick our heads up, have faith and carry on. And despite our circumstance, we would be very foolish and ungrateful to not embrace this wonderful season. I am so grateful for my Savior and His birth. And b/c of our situation it opens my eyes to the real reason to celebrate. Not b/c I am getting a new piece of jelwery or a day at the spa. Those "things" just aren't happening. I get to rejoice in the birth of my Savior and that will be more than enought reason to look forward to Christmas day. I love this season!What an amazing opprotunity we have to wish everyone Merry Christmas. To tell the world that you are a Christian and celebrate our Savior's birth. I find myself telling very random people everyday "Merry Christmas". And when I do they just light up and smile or some respond back. Their reaction just warms my heart. These truly are tender mercies that I treasure. So as we hustle and bustle take an opprotunity to wish a stranger Merry Christmas. It doesn't cost a thing and the reward is priceless!

1 comments:

Nikki said...

Hope you guys are doing well. And we will keep praying for Merry job news.