Picture of Daddy Date night
.1 year ago(from date above) E laid off. You often wonder what you might do, or feel when that happens. Looking back in my journal I see so much hope and faith. I remember him calling me and saying that senior partners were lookin for him and he was pretty sure he was going to be laid off. I told him YOU hold your head high .You did nothing wrong and don't you ever forget you have the Lord on your side. I hadn't heard from him for a few hours and then I heard the garage door go up and I knew that he was let go. We waited to tell the kids. I didn't say anything to anyone(except for N). E and I wanted to have time to process this and come up with a" plan" Little did I know what all we would go through. I remember helping our dear friends through a very serious medical problem last summer. It really helped us to get lost in service. It gave us something/ someone else to pray for and serve. Our problems seem so little compared to theirs. I'll never forget the dread as I prepared to sell my beautiful home. I didn't want to leave ...not like this..not b/c we had to or else we would be financially ruined. Right after putting our house up for sale a dear friend of mine died after a long battle w/ cancer. Once again I was reminded of my blessings and I knew I needed to show more gratitude to the Lord . When we did sell our home we knew it was a blessing/ and a sacrifice that we would be blessed for later. The lowest point through it all was the girls accident. I will NEVER forget that feeling of helplessness while driving to the hospital. It was the first time we actually felt to what end... you can loose your job/ your home/ leave great friends..BUT to have something happen to our kids was just not FAIR!!! But that was just another lesson I needed to learn. That miracles do happen and the Lord needed us to know that he does have a hand in our lives. About 4 months after moving here E got his new job. Everything about this job is perfect for him. And even though we went through a lot to get here. I know this is a huge blessing for him and his career.
This whole experience is still close to my heart and I am sure I am not seeing all the lessons learned or tender mercies given. But I do know that I am so grateful that Eric now has a job. And now to put the rest of our life back together. My girls have yet to really have any friends here. Its kinda of sad. I have tried to reach out to people, I guess I need to start stalking them :).We are suppose to close on our new house tomorrow (we have had lots of set backs w/ this due to the county), then they SHOULD start digging next week and be done HOPEFULLY in September. We sat down with the builder and designed our new home. OH to have my own home again. I just can't wait! But in the mean time I am trying to endure this trial of not having a home. It is a lot easier knowing that Eric does have a job and in a few months we will have our own place.
So all in all things are doing well. I do miss my "old life" and feel like we still haven't moved on yet. But soon all will be restored . We have been so blessed so I really don't mean to complain . E loves is new job, and we are looking forward to hanging out at the local pool. It has slides and a splash area for little ones so we will have a blast! I miss you all so much . I have the greatest friends.



6 comments:
Beautiful post, you are such an inspiration!
Love you Shelly! we miss you too. While reading this post. Noah came up to me and said "I miss them."
Hang in there September is not that far off!
YEAH!! I'm so happy things are going so well now - it's about time! You guys have been troopers and just think, you'll probably be in another house before we're in our first! Maybe the girls will be able to make friends easier the next school year when everyone at school is in a new class - give them kisses for me!!
and you all are missed as well. trials? interesting concept. how to endure correctly. how to keep ourselves on track. how to move along, if only by inches. September probably seems so far away but it will arrive and probably by then so will the friends for the girls and the buddies for you and Eric.
Nicely put. And we miss you too, every time I look up the mound for the girls and don't see them running down to meet us in the back yard. But we are overjoyed this time is past for you and you have anew house to look forward too. Congrats!
i get sad even now thinking about you being gone. we miss you ALOT!!!!
Post a Comment