I guess it might come to a surprise to some of you that I have a therapist. But after reading my last post some of you probably think I could use one. When I was in college my friend introduced me to hers and I started making appt. with him. It was great. I went to the same one for about 8 years. I got married and moved and I had to find a new one. It can be kinda hard to trust someone new and some aren't available when you need them. Eric didn't now what to think at first. He thought I really didn't need to see one as often as I did. But now 3 kids and 8 years later he understands. Even though it is a time and financial commitment he actually encourages it. So through the years I've had different ones. But the one I have now is my favorite. Eric picked him out for me. And I don't have to share him with anyone except Terra---sorry didn't mean to call you out. But we are all friends, so I think its good for everyone else to know. I've shed tears with this therapist and he is the one who helped me through my baby blues after my third. I couldn't make an appointment with him my whole pregnancy or for 6 weeks after. So It was almost a year since our last visit. I missed him so much. Now I'm back on "track" and have been known to visit him 6 days week and sometimes even at 5 am. And after being on bed rest forever then giving birth and recovering from that_---- I never thought our relationship would be back to normal. But slowly I'm getting there. I know I'll have a good day if a have a good session with him in the AM. Did I mention he makes me sweat? Isn't he cute, my heart races just looking at the picture.
Yes I know it sounds crazy but this really is my therapist. I don't know what I would do without him. I belonged to a gym for years and dragged my kids there. But now with three and with Bekah having her own schedule there is no time to pack up the kids~ drive to the gym and come back. So I head down to the basement 30-60 min almost everyday of the week . I'm excited for the weather to break so on Sat. I can go for a long run outside. Though I've never had a figure to validate my addiction. Thats not what its about. Its about clearing my head and getting rid of all the stress . Then I'm in a really happy place. Tears are cried, prayers are answered, songs are sung,magazines read, calories are burned and I become a stronger person inside and out because my love of running.
Scripture of the Week
Doctrine and Coventants 78:18And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.I love the fact that the Lord "leads me along", if only I would be a better follower :)
Monday, April 7, 2008
My Therapist
Posted by Shelly at 3:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
so funny, i really thought that you saw a real guy until i read down and got to the pic... so great that you found what works for you, as for me i'm thinking that real deal might just be needed :)
love it. It is great therapy isn't it. I wish I was motivated to use mine more than twice a week.. I am working on it.
that is what i need. but first i need a space to put it.
you TOTALLY had me going!!!! I was thinking, how have I known her for this long and not known that she had therapy....you drive a hard sell for treadmills, after reading this I really want one. I've been looking at used ones on Craigs List.
OK so I thought you were serious... and then I saw my sister's name and freaked out because she was hiding seeing a therapist from me, I was about to call but I kept reading... Too cute.. exercising really is the best therapy esp. running!
You are a naughty tease....and here I was, feeling sorry for you...and was almost at the point of actually calling you and giving you the name of a REAL LIVE therapist. Oh well...guess you aren't as bad off as you seem if THAT therapist does you wonders. I have one like 'him'...dusty, but after we get home I will start again. I'm not much for outside altho my new neighbor thinks she can get me to walk with her...in the park, no less! Boy, does she NOT know me!
You had me for a minute! I love to exercise too, what a great ME time ;) I have an exercise bike which is great when Jacob thinks he needs held during my sessions. Brad's more the runner in the family.
Post a Comment