Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Scream U Scream We all Scream for Mommy


Yes the girls are back in town. They had a great time at grammie and pa pa's and I had a great time without them! I had to book my parents at least a month in advance So I had 1 month to look forward to my "mommy spring break". When we were planning this my mom looked Eric in the eye and said jokingly "if she doesn't get a break she's gonna end up in the looney bin." Thanks mom ~it worked b/c Eric didn't put up too big of a stink about his girls leaving him. But he did miss them bunches And I did miss them ----but yesterday I could've sold/given to the first takers -the 2 older ones. Sidney had her 4 mos check and might I add she weighed in at a whooping 10 lbs 15 oz which puts her in the 5%. (Thats is fine by me they grow up too fast). So my sweet Sidney was really grouchy and fussy b/c of her shots. And when she was at her worst @ 8:30 last night the 2 older ones decieded to start screaming / crying/fussing. So I'm holding my screaming baby trying to patiently get to the bottom of the issue when 4 mos of sleep deprivation (actually 6 years)caught up with me. I remeber clearly thinking about my options and most of them carried a jail sentence with them. And even though I have an attorney husband, he really isn't good at crim law. And might I add he was at the office at the time. So to all you seasoned moms out there ~ Yes this was my first time having all three kids screaming at me at the same time . Looking back it was a scene right out of nanny 911. So guess what I did ...........

I admitted defeat. I took the baby and ran from them and hid (in the house). Kaylee wanted me to carry her up the stairs so she didn't follow. She continued to scream at the bottom of the stairs. Which threw Bekah off and slowed her down. By the time they figured out I was gone the problem was resolved. whew. I put the kids in bed. Then guess who walks in the door? Thats right Daddy.

So I'm gonna have to come up with a better plan next time b/c I don't think this one will work twice. You know the number one rule in motherhood is love your kids and # 2 is be prepared. So I need to get prepared for the next battle.
Thank goodness for a new day. B/c today my kids were great. I think they sensed I was still recovering!

5 comments:

Meta said...

oh, i'm so sorry. we've all had days like that. hang in there. there is always a new day - better day!

Nikki said...

Going and hiding is the best thing. I do it from time to time. They'll eventually stop. I am glad that the next day was better. Call me if you need a break. Bring your kids over and they can all scream together!

Amy Jane said...

man, im starting to think just having one baby is good with me! i feel overwhelmed just reading your blog :) good thing their cute huh!?!

The Cochran Family said...

Should I second guess the having a third? I really hate those tense mommy moments. I really try not to have them! Maybe next time you shoudl scream too until Eric gets home, then he will ahve FOUR screaming girls to deal with...

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

I wish my apt. was big enough that I could hide but they always seem to find me... it didn't take having 3 to do it to me.. I hide with my two so don't feel badly.