Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School

New Shoes check
new book bag check
new folder, pencil,eraser, 4 LARGE glue sticks, ect, ect , ect, check.


Supplies are ready
Mom is ready
Bekah is not ready and does not want to go :(


This year is a year of 1st's. Bekah's in 1st grade~ which means 1st time for her to be gone all day. From 8:15am-3:50pm. I'm kinda sad to see her go BUT I do have 2 other children at home to keep me occupied. She really is sad to be gone all day. In someways I think you know I shouldn't be sad~ I put in almost 7 Years of HARD labor you know the 24/7 type~ to get her to this point.....Just so I'll be sad about getting a few hours (ok many hours ) off a day? I guess even though being a stay at home mom is hard work...its a job that is REALLy hard to turn over to someone else for 8 hours EVERY day.
This helps put Sidney teething(no sleep for me) in perspective. I've handled it pretty well , knowing it won't be long and that Big yellow bus will be coming to get her.


Kaylee (my 3 year old) will be starting pre-school. 3 days 9:15-11:30. SO I will have a little time with just Sidney. Kaylee is my sweet little challenge. She is very demanding. So yes, I am looking forward to Someone else fulfilling those needs a few hours each week. She doesn't start for a week.

We went to Red Lobster to start the school year right. This is Bekah's FAVorite place to eat.





Here is a conversation I had with Kaylee at 8:30am on Bekah's 1st day of school.



Kaylee: "MOMmy , I miss Bekah."

Mommy : "Yes ,I do too."
Kaylee: "Mommy , when will Bekah be home?"
Mommy: "After lunch."
Kaylee: "Mommy, I'm hungry I want to eat lunch."

Later that day after eating Lunch


Kaylee: "Mommy, I hear a bus its Bekah's bus"
Mommy: "No Kaylee. Its not time yet."



Here is a recent picture of my sweet Sidney!



Stay tuned for Buckeye Preview where my Husband might have to make a guest appearance!

4 comments:

Terra said...

cute story with Kaylee. ITs so sweet the way little sisters love big sisters so much. Although, I think Bella is enjoying not having to share mom with so many people

Susan said...

lovely entry...and by the way...i was NOT inferring y'all were as old as me but I needed someone more adult than than the 18 year old I was sitting with yesterday....turned out the younger guy had the answer I was sure your hubby had. Oh well....so much for age and youth...enjoy the alone time....soon it'll be summer again. That's how time flies.

Nikki said...

Your girls are so cute. And I love love love how little siblings get so sad when the older ones leave. Ammon cried and cried when Noah left and I am sure there will be more tears today.

The Cochran Family said...

awww she'll do great! How fun...You are like a bonafied momma with a school age kid, a pre-schooler and a baby llama! That was so cute about Kaylee missing her big sista!