Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm BAck

Bekah, Eric w/Sidney, Andy w/Cloe

Okay so I guess it didn't take 6 months for something "new "to happen. We just returned from a trip to Virginia Beach. Eric's sister called a few weeks ago and asked if he would come and bless her baby Cloe. Of course he said yes which meant I got to plan a vacation in 2 weeks noticed. I'm not complaining... it was actually kinda fun! It was wonderful to visit Sarah.. her husband Andy and to meet little Cloe who is actually 2 weeks older than my little Sidney. On the way down he stopped at the DC temple. I LOVE this temple . I remember as a youth doing temple work there. And as adult visiting a dear friend and doing a session there with her. Its is just an amazing place. The girls were in amazement looking at it . Of course we used that moment to bear our testimony of the temple and all the blessings that go along with the temple and having a Forever family. I'm SOO grateful for that experience!! I hope they will always remember that "special feeling" we all had. The visitor center is awesome and had lots of hands on exhibits for the kids. It also had a full size theater in the basement.








We spent the night about an hour from the temple then in the morning we headed to the beach.

We stayed at a great Hotel right on the beach. The view was awesome!! And the location was great. Lots to do once you were done with the beach for the day.







Okay, thats all for now..... on to Columbus for one last Hurrah before school starts.
Be back in a week!

9 comments:

luce said...

please email me we are in hawaii now with the army. lucygilbert89@hotmail.com it is great to see pictures of your 3 girls. lucy

Nikki said...

What a fun vacation!!! I love the D.C. temple, and the beach!!

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Cochran Family said...

I'm so glad that hotel worked out for you! Looks sooooo nice! Oh the DC castle...I mean ...temple! I have freinds that got married there even after the Columus temple was open just cause it was thier temple growing up and it is like a castle! Are you goin crazy in C-town! I'm haven't given up hope at all. I have become a very patient person at this stuff. (But I'm glad it's you this time and not me! ) :) Can't wait till school starts! WooHoo!

Susan said...

good for you! getting away makes life easier to contemplate. do it often but always come back. And by the way, we have a wonderful, almost private beach just across the street from us. It's where all my kids learned to swim (yes, IN Lake Erie), where we annually hold bonfires, enjoy the fireworks, and take Jordan's inflatable raft out to just float around and leave the worries on shore.

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

YAY.. glad to have you back..we missed hearing about you. Thank you for being so concerned about my episode.. it looks like everything will be ok.. you can call me or Terra for details.

As Time Goes By...Our Family Blog said...

Hey Shelly, I just found your blog while I was visiting Nikki Kitchen's Blog...what a small world. It's fun to hook up like this after all these years. You have a beautiful family....Take care! - Kim Griffith Beazer
brianberly4beaz.blogspot.com

Jaime said...

Shelly,
Thanks for finding me...It is so fun to see you and your family. Wow, 3 girls must be quite the change from your 3 brothers. They are beautiful. It will be fun to keep up with you by blogging.

Amy said...

Your girls are so darling Shelly. Sounds like you had a fun vacation. I sent you the link to our blog today so let me know if it didn't come through.