Thursday, October 23, 2008

3 out of 3

(Amy i hope you like the song. Have fun in Austin . Give those boys Kisses from the Reeves girls. )


Over the weekend Bekah's face broke out . I thought it was acne /or allergic reaction to something. More than anything she was embarrassed so I made an appt for Tues.
I took her in and right away the Dr knew what it was. Strep throat. She tested her and sure enough she was right. So after LEAVING the Dr's and on my way to picking up Kay at pre-school I started thinking.... you know Sidney has been very fussy lately and she did have a slight fever on Sat. And if I take a real close look at her chest it is kinda blochy.... maybe I should have her checked too. Sooooo Back to the dr's with all three kids and the Dr tested Kay and Sidney and Both were positive. I guess the good news is they will be sick/ and better at the same time. Bad news.. there is one one of me and 3 grouchy-sick (not lethargic sick) kids.



Yep thats right. 3 of of my 3 children tested positive for strep on Tues. All of them had different symptoms.

Bekah- little pimple like bumps around her mouth. No fever or complaint of sore throat. She is very upset that she has to take this yucky antibiotic (her and Kay are allergic to amox so we get the good stuff)


Kay- swollen lymph nodes. No fever or complaint of sore throat.

Sidney- 3 days before tested fever of 101 but went away. was fussy but is also due for upper anterior to break through. I thought for sure she was teething . But after coming home from Bekah's appt she had a little rash all over. Very subtle but I notice it.

I guess Strep has many different symptoms. Bekah and Sidney are doing much better. Kay now has a wicked cough and is a little peekish but I am sure she will bounce back by tommorrow.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh that is no fun but at least with strep you can get those antibiotics and they're better in no time! I need to call you back by the way.

Terra said...

no fun! hope they feel better soon!

The Cochran Family said...

oh wow, i hope you all are better soon! Any news? I am loving this beautiful spring like weather and would be willing to share.... :)

Seth said...

amy ans Lilli "did" austin but i didn't know they made a song about it. I bet Lilli is glad to be back in columbus. although its sunny and 80 out today! CAN'T BELEIVE ITS NOVEMBER

Shelly said...

Its 80 in C town too