Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008/(snotfest 2008)




We were planning a trip to Columbus for Thanksgiving/Sidney's 1st b-day party BUT at 5:30pm Wed the plans changed. The kids went from being sick to really sick so traveling was out of the question. We had rashes, fevers, throw up, green snot of eyes and nose , someone with strep throat and 2 with ear infections.



So add Costco to the list of things I am grateful for. They had fresh Turkeys for only 10 cents more than Giant Eagle. ( which is still really expensive. My mom bought her frozen bird for 39 cents a pound at the Giant Eagle in Columbus) So with turkey in hand and hubby home early(6:30). I checked out and continued on my journey. With my list I headed over to Walmart then to giant eagle. By 9:30 I was home making a chocolate pie and a yummy spinach dip. So we did Thanksgiving Reeves style. And it was perfect.

This is what I made=

1 turkey, corn bake,green bean casserole,corn bake, stuffing,mashed potatoes, gravy, 2 pies and rolls.

Yes, I spent lots of time in the kitchen but I loved it. And it was kinda relaxing just staying home and cooking for my family. I am sure being in Columus would have been much more entertaining. And the girls were very disappointed that we couldn't go.

Thursday 7 am Eric went to play football with the EQ. And I put the 18 pound bird in the oven. When Kaylee woke up she could smell the turkey looked into the oven and said "Mommy there is a bird in the oven" she was so excited she wanted me to take a picture.






As I was taking the oven picture I noticed a 17 pound turkey in my dishwasher.



Isn't she just scrumptious? I could just gobble her up.



Also planned that weekend was my Turkey's first birthday party. Scheduled to take place in Columbus. I had bought a Costco cake to bring down with me before the kids started dropping like flies. So we had this huge cake all to ourselves. But luckily we managed to share with some friends a few days later.

3 comments:

Amy Jane said...

I'm glad it all worked out, we were sad not to see all ya'll though! I luv the pic of Sydney in the dishwasher, I have one that looks pretty much the same :) Cute kiddo's!

Susan said...

it's wonderful that you are that flexible.

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

She is so big.. I remember her being so tiny.. and it feels like she was just born yesterday.. oh my goodness I need to get up there and see you guys!