Friday the 13th was a crazy day. Sidney had surgery, I helped out in Bekah's class, Eric and I had a meeting downtown and we had a Fabulous ward "couples only party" In between all this Kaylee had decided she was hungry and this was her dinner: Chips,suckers heart candy, and slices of turkey because "turkey is healthy mom".
This picture below is he at the same meal eating 4 suckers at once. This is why grammie and Pa Pa rule. The girls cry every time they leave.
Valentines day is my Dad's birthday. My mom made a heart cake and we grilled out steaks it was nice to celebrate his birthday with him. I won't give out his age BUT I will say he is in his 60's. He is a great Dad and a great Pa Pa. From day one my girls have had him smitten and I think it may drive my mom a little nuts. He is always buying little trinkets for them and he loves to tease them. Lately Bekah and Pa Pa have been reading Nancy Drew books together. Bekah looks forward to that every visit. He loves to take Kaylee to Rocky River and check out all the animals and nature around the river. They also like to take the kids to museums. This past weekend they took them to the Natural History Museum. It is nice to have parents who look forward to alone time with my kids. My mom says she likes it when the parents aren't around. They can do what they want with the kids and we (the parents) won't get in the way! My dad is retired and my mom works so she doesn't get to come up during the week much. So many of my friends have parent that live far far away. It is nice that mine are only 2 hours away .
Happy Birthday Dad/Pa Pa. Hope you had good time! We miss you.



4 comments:
Aww, how great! Looks a wonderful weekend.
and what happened with 'sophia'?
Hopefully Sidney's surgery went well. Don't you just love having Grandparents around? I love being back in Utah for that reason. Looks like you had a great V-day.
You girls are so cute! i LOVE the picture with the suckers in her mouth and her eyes so wide and blue! I just love everything about you! Love Anne
Post a Comment