Lots going on with the Reeves. Some good /some not so good. So lets start off with the good. We have had a fabulous summer. We have been able to spend much needed and WAY over due quality family time together. It is so much easier to go on family outings with Daddy. In the past I was almost always solo with the kids. But this summer has been different. We have gone to Kirtland, the zoo, the pool a few times, lunch at the parks, and lots of family walks all together. Daddy has been able to take the girls on many daddy dates to watch the sun set over Lake Erie, and get ice cream. Eric and I have been able to spend a lot of time in the temple doing work for his family. We have been able to serve others in wasy that wouldn't have been possible if Eric was working. I have been able to run many errands BY MYSELF, go on long runs, and have lots of evenings out w/friends gettin ice cream.
All of these things have been possible b/c on April 27th he was laid off. Yep thats right my husband does not have a job. WHich brings me to the not so good part. We have prayed, fasted and have had many trips to the temple. I have days of much faith and hope and some with much despair. No one really knows what to do/say when someone loses a job. Let alone what to do/ say when it is almost 4 mos. later and still no job. I am rather speechless myself at times. So what are we going to do? Not really sure. As of now we have our house is for sale.(which was really hard) And the million dollar question is ~What if the house sells and no job? Not really sure. But what I do know is that having our house for sale is one thing that Eric and I feel pretty good about . That is what is important . As long as we are doing what we feel is right then let the chips fall where the will.
Through all of this I have had certain truths reaffirmed. I know that my Savior loves me and knows me.He is fully aware of my trials and sufferings. When I can not continue it is He who carries me. When no one else is there to comfort me He is there . I know that I am part of an eternal family. That my husband and I are an amazing pair who are trying our best to raise are sweet little ones in a crazy world. I am so blessed to be married to such a hard working, wonderful , kind, great looking, loving man . I know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me and my family. And even though right now I would do ANYTHING to know that plan. I have to wait patiently and Be still and know that He is God. By knowing these truths I know I can make it through anything this life throws at me.
We have had our house listed with a realtor for 3 weeks and have had lots of activity. Maybe we will sell our house and get a job all in the same week .....that would be a blessing! Till then please know that we are in good spirits and continue to see this trial as a way for Heavenly Father to bless our family.



3 comments:
Wow, your girls are getting so big! It's fun to see pictures. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Good luck with everything! You're an amazing person!
Shelly,
I am so sorry. We have been unemployed now going on 7 weeks and I agree with everything you said in your post. My greatest realization during this time has been how much I need to depend on my Heavenly Father and Savior. I think I've always thought. "of course I trust and believe." But when my world really turned upside down I realized how much more I need to depend on Him. We've had a good summer just spending time as a family doing "cheap" things but so enjoying being together. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. I wish I knew what the end is going to be but for now I'm learning to have faith and trust.
great summary, tho bittersweet. whatever a gimpy, one handedm incapacitated me can do, i will.
robert once was not working for 8 months, hauled carpets, i taught school. it was worrisome w/5 kids but we are still living to talk about it.
keep breathing. love, s
Post a Comment