My dear friend Anne passed away this past weekend. She was an amazing women. We met when her husband was in dental school and my husband was in law school. We were neighbors in Little Italy(cleveland) and attended the same church. She is married to a wonderful man and they have 3 little girls all the same age as mine. She died after a long hard fight with Melanoma. Through her battle with cancer she blogged. Whenever you have a moment click here and view her blog. I hope you will feel of her sweet and strong spirit. After all she went through she was never bitter and stayed true to her testimony. Not long ago she e-mailed me . It was such a touching uplifting message that meant the world to me. You see even though she knew she was in her final weeks of life she wanted to help me and comfort ME during my trial of Eric being unemployed.
This amazing person taught me so much. She was my visiting teaching companion in a ward with with many needs. She taught me how to serve without be asked or told. She seemed to know what our sisters needed. I know it was b/c she prayed and followed her promptings given. I could share so many stories about Anne .
One sister we were assigned to was struggling financially, spiritually and she was in an abusive marriage. One day Anne called and said "Shelly take the food out of your cupboards and lets visit so and sos. She needs it." I was kinda shy about it. My husband was in grad school and we really didn't have much. I wasn't sure about just showing up to someones house in the inner city with bags of food. What would they say? What if they weren't home. But I did it . We went to visit her and she was so happy and thankful. B/c of Anne we were instruments in Gods hands. This sister we helped new that God does hear and answer her prayers.
This is just a small example of how she has molded me to become a better wife, mother and sister in the gospel. I love you Anne. I know that you are in a better place free from pain. Thank you for your amazing example, wonder gifts and talents that you have shared with us. I know we will meet again and have lots to catch up on! Tomorrow my dear friend will be laid to rest. Although I am sad, I am also grateful that Heavenly Father has allowed me to be friends with such an amazing woman. I feel so privileged to have felt her influence in my life.
I can't imagine how hard this trial has been for her sweet and amazing husband and adorable sweet children. But I do know that our Savior will be there to hold them up and comfort them during all the hard days to come. This family may be separated for a short time but will be reunited again forever.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Goodbye my dear friend
Posted by Shelly at 1:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Shelly,
Thank you for this post. I had chills the entire time mixed with tears. I truly believe people come into our lives for a reason and we are able to learn so much from them. Anne was obviously one of those amazing people. My prayers are with you and her family as well.
amazing entry. i would like to be more like your friend. you will surely miss her
Hey Shelly, it's a long lost pal from your past. I think I took your place as Anne's VT companion after you and we went and visited the same sister and I too could feel the compassion that she had for her and the knowledge she gained from listening to the spirit. We went every month without fail and it's because of Anne and her dedication to the VT program that I have a testimony of it.
She was such a tresure and I am so grateful for my time in her presence.
Such a sweet tribute Shelly.
Sydney Condie
Hi Shelly! It's Sarah Buma, in Alaska! We all loved Anne. She was charity and her charity never failed. Thank you for your words. I think we're all reaching for pieces of Anne. There is so much love she has given--I know her testimony is where that love came from. She saw others as the Savior would, and lifted them. I hope your struggles and burdens are eased, as it sounds like you're in your own refiners fire. I wish I could put my arms around you and hug you tight! The last time I saw you was in the grocery store, and I remember feeling grateful to have unexpectedly seen you one last time before our paths led in different directions. How fitting that it is through Anne, that those paths have crossed. I think it would make her blush and smile to witness the world's reaction to her wonderful life and how she has influenced so many! P.S. Hi Sydney!
My heart has hurt more recently than I think it has my whole life total. What wonderful memories we all have of Anne, I'm so grateful to have had the time I had in Cleveland with her and so many amazing people. I miss Anne and I think we all find comfort in each others words and memories. Oh, how I miss the Cleveland we all knew right now!
I am so sorry for your loss Shelly! I read her blog and cried and Seth came in and said, "Why are you crying"??? It's almost always the best that get called home and she sounds like she fits the mold!
Post a Comment