Sunday, October 25, 2009

Moving On

Yes it is true, we are moving. Or as Bekah has put it we are going on a "vacation that never ends". We moved to Cleveland over 8 years ago and at least on three different occasions made serious attempts to leave. Now that it is time, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I know that it is what is the right thing for our family BUT I have a few very close friends that are are truly irreplaceable and my life will not be the same with out them. Yes, I know we will keep in touch. We can e-mail, call. facebook Blah , blah , blah...but lets face it I am busy they are busy and soon it just gets hard. This time around I am going to try a little harder.





So this is the scoop. We sold our house And we manage to make money on it which is a huge blessing. We close this week. I am blogging surrounded by boxes.


I really do not like to blog about depressing stuff. I like to share good news with people but the bad stuff I like to keep to myself. This week it will be 6 mos since Eric has been laid off. Although I NEVER thought it would go on this long. I am so proud of Eric and I. We, for the most part, have managed to face this trial head on with faith knowing it will all work out. And let me tell you, it is Much easier to just be depressed , mope around and not talk to anyone or go anywhere~ But that is not living. I do not Have the luxury of being able to have a mental breakdown.. I am a mother with kids and they need me .So I have to get up each morning and face each new day with a little more hope then the day before. We have tired to do all we can to make the best of this situation and after that you have to leave it all to the Lord and know that He will take care of you. So we are moving to Columbus to live with my parents . We are putting all our stuff in storage. We are hoping, praying and waiting for this wonderful job to come to be. And we know that are prayers are answered on the Lords time ..not ours. The girls are excitied about the move and are looking forward to trick or treating at grammie and pa pa's.

For the past 7 years Cleveland has been our HOME and our friends have been our fAMILY so to all of you thank you for all you have done to serve and love my family! We are better people and a stronger family having known you.

10 comments:

Nikki said...

We will miss you!!! But we are happy that you will not be that far away. I am sure the Lord has great things in store for you.

Tara said...

Missing you already! What a great friend and example you have been to me! I'm so happy you are starting your next chapter...it's only going to get better from here! And for those that live far from Cleveland and are reading...Shelly has been so upbeat and strong through this whole experience...and woman of FAITH...never down! Your the Best!

Kate said...

Good luck on your next big adventure! I'll miss seeing you if I ever get to back to visit.

Moffitt Family said...

You guys are troopers Shelly! Good news is coming- wish I was there to help you. Take care!

Unknown said...

Shelly you are so great and strong. Wish I was more like you. I am going to pray for you guys that things will work out for you. Good luck with everything!

acutely cherished said...

We are excited to have you guys here in the LC! Lilli talks about KK ALL THE TIME!

Jaime said...

Good luck with your move. I admire your ability to see the silver lining amidst the storm clouds. We lived with my parents while looking for employment and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything...Especially for my kids.

Sarajane said...

I can't believe it- it sounds like you are going to miss Cleavland- you of all people. To be honest I would love having Rob home everyday to help out with the girls and living with grandma and grandpa would be the BEST thing ever! I know its not perfect right now, but really money does not = happiness it never will:) I love you and would love to see you if you guys make it out West sometime.

The Cochran Family said...

I can't wait to see what huge blessing HF has in store for our wonderful family!! So sorry you had to go through all this though to get it!

The Cochran Family said...

For "your" family!! not our...opps not a typer!!!