Monday, November 2, 2009

Angels

Yes, I do believe in Angels. This past weekend we moved. My dad loaded up his SUV with the 3 girls all the girls clothes and drove them to Columbus. We stayed behind and finished loading up the U-HAUL with many of our friends helping. At About 6 pm we finished loading up the truck I went inside and my dad called. He was involved in a major car accident with all 3 girls. The paramedic got on the phone and I handed the phone over to Eric . Let me tell you, that this is where I lost it. I now do not have a house, my husband does not have a job and my 3 girls have been in an accident serious enough to LIFE FLIGHT Kaylee to Akron Children's Hospital. So I had to pull myself together enough to make adult decisions about where I want my other 2 children to be seen and how we were going to meet up with them. I kept praying for angels to be with my girls b/c I couldn't be. I know that Heavenly Father answered my prayer. Kaylee suffered a concussion, she blacked out at the scene with the paramedic. That was why she got the helicopter ride. Bekah was pretty beat up. She has a red mark on her face, bumps and bruises all over. But my little Sidney (who was in a 5 pt harness)was completely unharmed. When we got to the hospital Kaylee was sleeping and kinda out of it. They did a CAT scan on Bekah and Kaylee. Which both came back normal. Bekah and Sidney were released Friday night and Kaylee had I got to spend the night. Sat. am the trauma surgeon came to talk to me about Kaylee. He said that it didn't matter what the accident scene looked like, what the paramedic had to say or what the state trooper wrote in his report. The only thing he could go by was the CAT scan and that showed no life threatening injury to the brain. He couldn't explain to me how that could be considering the severity of the accident . But I know how.. Angels. Angels we there watching over my sweet girls and my dad. Even though his SUV was really damaged ..everyone in car was okay. Heavenly Father made sure they would survive this. Why, I am not sure. Maybe so that I can know without a doubt that He can preform miracles. I am so grateful that for a few seconds angels attended to my family and kept them safe. That when I wasn't there to hold and comfort them they were. They were there to sustain my sweet Bekah who was at the hospital by herself with her sisters for 2 hours before Eric and I got there. The nurses commented on how amazing she was how calm she was and how helpful she was to them and her sisters. She truly is an amazing little girl and I am so proud of her.
Right now all my girls are at my parents house while I am up in Cleveland finishing up things at my house. They all appear to be fine. Kaylee needs some follow-up appointments b/c of the head injury and the other 2 need to see there Dr. this week for follow up. We are so thankful for all of our friends who helped load up the truck . It was loaded up 3 hours ahead of schedule. We literally got the call the moments after the truck was completely loaded. So to all you angels helping us those seen and unseen thank you! I am so thankful for my sweet family my Heavenly Father who has blessed me abundantly!

11 comments:

Kate said...

I'm just speechless after reading this. Thank you for sharing, it builds my testimony in so many ways. Your faith is so amazing, as are you.
Glad everyone is okay.

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

i'm so glad everyone is okay. thanks for the testimony and showing me your faith. thinking of you guys....

Nikki said...

I am so, so glad everyone is okay. Lots of love being sent your way.

Terra said...

Wish I was closer and could give you a hug. Glad everyone is doing better. Love you guys!!

Sarajane said...

Shelly, my heart just stopped. I am so happy that your girls are ok. There really are angels taking care of us- I now there are too.

JP said...

OMGsh!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad angels were there! You all are in my prayers. Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Shelly, my heart just dropped. I am so glad to hear that everyone was okay. What a scary thing for a mother to go through-and to not even be there! Still praying for your cute little family!! Wish I could give you a hug right now.

Amy said...

I am so thankful for angels on this earth! The Lord truly has a plan for you and your family. I'm so glad your girls are ok. Good luck with everything. You are an amazing person Shelly!

Moffitt Family said...

Shelly, I was terrified reading this! Thank goodness the girls and your dad are all ok - I can't imagine how scary that was! I know I said when you sold the house that it could only get better from here, but now it has to be true! I wish I could be there now to help. Give Bekah and hug and kiss from "mommy Cindy" what a good big sister - she's a gem!

Jaime said...

I am so glad your girls and dad are alright. You are an inspiration to so many. Thank you for sharing your faith and testimony so freely.
I hope all of the follow-ups are filled with good news.

Susan said...

and to think some people do not believe in angels! glad we do. Glad they were there. My guess is that those angels are people you knew already...why not. They'd have to know to keep your girls safe. Now to unkink the rest of your life's tough adventures. Things have to get better...they have to! they WILL