Tuesday, November 10, 2009

8

















Something happens when your first born turns eight. Its like you have done 8 years of work to prepare them for this. As a parent you wonder have I done all I can to teach her how to make good decisions? In my religion 8 is considered the age of accountability. You are baptized , given the gift of the Holy Ghost and are confirmed a member of our church. . It is a kinda scary thought. Your little one is now accountable for their actions. So I have been evaluating my parenting skills, praying to make sure my sweet Bekah is ready to be baptized. This morning I went to wake her (for her 1st day at her new school) when I saw her kneeling by her bed praying. This is one of those mommy moments that I will never forget. Bekah has always been such a great example to me. I feel so privileged to be her mother. Her last day at her old school teachers were crying b/c they didn't want her to go. They told me she was special that there was a certain light to her. That everyone liked her and she got along with everyone. I have an extra responsibly to take it up a notch . There is no slacking with her. She has this amazing potential and I want to make sure she meets it. Which means I need to be my best self I can be. I need to be the best example I can.

My family has been through a lot and we really don't know what is to come. But what I do know is no matter, my family will be together forever . And all of these trials has just made us stronger and love even more. We love each other more and are Heavenly Father more. We are so grateful to have each other to lean on this life. Happy Birthday my sweet Bekah. You are a ray of light to all of those around you and I can't wait to see you in white!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh the memories..I felt the exact same way when my oldest turned 8. Happy Birthday Bekah! Shelly, you are an inspiration to so many. Thank you for sharing your testimony.

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Bekah!!