Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dreams in Progress



So when we started building this dream house we sat down with a builder and told him how much we wanted to spend and a basic idea of the house we wanted. We had a floor plan from another builder but he just used it as a reference. So with that as just an idea we went to work with him and his computer designing our new home. Once we came up with the floor plan we then had to send the drawings to an an architect who after a couple rough drafts and some more changes created a blue print. A blue print of our home that we designed. Let me tell ya I think that is sooo coooll! Then with this blue print we went to the bank and took out a construction loan. Yep we closed on this house back in the middle of MAy! There were a couple little hiccups along the way but once they broke ground on May 20th...its been fast movin. In May They estimated this Home would be completed in 5 mos. At the rate we are going it'll be under 4!!! this is another miracle and I hate to even mention it cause I don't want to jinx it!!!





The first picture is while still framing. The next set were taken today. The black stuff on the wood is some kinda of protective coating. The last picture is a house that is very simialar to what we are building and we have used the exterior to help pick out our color






The back
















The view











By the end of July dry wall will be done and they will be doing all the finishing work. This week I go to the granite supplier to pick out the slab I want. Every step of this process we are deeply involved. I just went there today to make my island bigger b/c i didn't like the lay out of it on the kitchen floor (they outlined it on the floor.) We changed the location of the electrical box to the other side of the basement . we knocked out a wall to make a closet bigger...we are doing all these changes as they are building it. Its kinda neat that they let us do this.

And next week, GUESS where I'm going?...where every body knows my name...and they're always glad I came.... I feel a little down trodden so it'll be nice to visit with all my old friends and escape some of the every day nonsense have to deal with here!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Hooray!

Moffitt Family said...

Wow! It looks awesome! I can't believe the view you have! So happy for you!

Jodi said...

The house looks awesome!!! Can't wait to see it when it is all complete.

Lauren -HCP said...

So happy for you Shelly!

Tami said...

It's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

Haley said...

love it!!!!