We have been going through old boxes / spring cleaning and this is what Kay found. An old cassette. She picked it up and said "Look Mommy a broken camera." I said "No Kaylee that is a tape cassette. So then she said "Oh its a broken cassette camera." I said "No, its a cassette."
I started to tell her ~Lets put it in a tape player and listen to it ~BUT I don't have a tape player. Isn't that sad? She moved on to playing with her webkinz . So I just left it at that.
I remember being in middle school and taping songs off Casey's Top 40 and making a mix of all my favorite songs. I remember at 16 buying tapes and playing them in my old blue 1980 Celica.
I started to tell her ~Lets put it in a tape player and listen to it ~BUT I don't have a tape player. Isn't that sad? She moved on to playing with her webkinz . So I just left it at that.
I remember being in middle school and taping songs off Casey's Top 40 and making a mix of all my favorite songs. I remember at 16 buying tapes and playing them in my old blue 1980 Celica.
I couldn't find an image of a blue one so here is a white one. Isn't she cute?
I guess this was one of many conversations I'll be having w/ my kids that will prove my age.




3 comments:
That is too funny...My kids found an old tape player at Grandma's house (we don't have one either)and think it is hilarious to record themselves talking. It keeps them occupied for hours (ok maybe a half hour!). How funny that something so ancient is so interesting! And Melissa and I did the exact same thing--taping songs off the radio!! Love those mp3's!!
Ha, was that the blue sled before the red sled? You guys and your cars...and then Shawn gets a brand new pick-up :) I had a junker too, and lots of cassetts. I still keep some that I can't part with, choir concerts and stuff. My favorite cassete was my dirty dancing one! And your car was way cuter than mine...I promise...maybe I'll blog about it!
i was babysitting a kid a few years ago and we went to a garage sale where they were selling records. the kid thought it was a giant cd. it was too funny. i love your posts. it's fun to watch your cute family.
Post a Comment