Thursday, September 4, 2008

True Confession /Election 2008

This lucky girl sure does know how to make my guy happy............
Support a republican canidate.


I never thought I would ever voice my political views on my blog. My hubby and I typically don't agree on politics. But we do agree to disagree. I've always for the most part voted Democrat. I'm a registered Democrat. In the primary I voted for Hillary Clinton. I thought her Husband was a great president and I agreed with her on MANy (not all ) issues. (Before you anti Clintons/pro Bush start posting comments on my blog ~let me remind you of what a mess Bush has left this country, So can't we all just get along? )
So when she(Hillary) wasn't nominated or chosen for V.P., I felt let down by my party. Then Mcain did the unexpected and asked Sarah Palin to run with him. I really like her. Many felt he did this to gain Hillary votes. Well.... It worked and now I'm heavily leaning toward voting for a republican for President the first time ever. (Sorry family I know you feel betrayed)I don't just vote every four years. I vote 2x every year. I bet some of you didn't know you could vote every fall and spring. that's a shame :( So that's of a lot Democrats I've voted for in the past 15 years.
I drag my kids with me ~yes~ sometimes litereally.

So being a Democrate why not Obama? Well first, I think he is just to liberal on some things and I tend to be more moderate. Second, I just don't get that whole thing. I think he is kinda a pied Piper playing a song about change and leading people along . But where are they going?How much of our money is he gonna spend to get there? I just don't get it? And yes, maybe I'm a little bitter about Hillary. If he really wanted MY vote he would've asked her to be VP. But he didn't. So I don't think he cares.

So even though I'm leaning toward McCain I saw this ad and thought it was so Funny and maybe a little true...




8 comments:

Terra said...

good thing I was sitting down when I read that you might actually vote for a republican- I might fallen over otherwise

Nikki said...

As one who has always votes republican... I was planning on voting democrat this election for various reasons, But I have too have been inspired by Sarah Palin. so I am leaning that way now. anyway there you have it my 2 cents

Max and Deborah said...

I appreciate your views though it differes from mine, I did not like either candidate, but I think Palin rocks. Maybe she should be president. You Go Girl!!

Jaime said...

I LOVE Sarah Palin.

JP said...

I wasn't too thrilled about either candidate either, but as a republican, I was convinced when McCain picked Palin.

Susan said...

Joining you this time, fellow Democrat...and for much the same reason.

Seth said...

this is funny b/c know that Parlin is running with McCain it is tilting me to Obama. I am not sure a mayor can run a country. Opps she is a governor, but isn't Alaska like a large city anyway.

The Cochran Family said...

yes BUT BUT BUT BUT, is he really really going to listen to this sarah palin???? Or was this just a political move. I don't want to vote for obama either, but why vote for a prez, b/c of thier VP whom in my opinion won't matter when it comes down to the actually decision making process of what happens with this country. It's a crap shoot, as the cochran's would say....