Last week (before Easter) we discussed the Easter story for FHE. Bekah already knew the story but Kaylee needed us to review it. Kaylee always has lots of questions Like: How is someone resurrected? or Where is my spirit..is it in me, is it in my blood? Daddy my spirit is in my blood. See? I see it right there. Do you see it daddy? Look, its in my blood. So we did the hand in the glove/take the glove off to discuss body/spirit/death/Resurrection and after words she said Yep. That's right its in my blood . While pointing to her veins.
Kids have this way of making you realize how little you actually know. When the kids ask questions like: How many different kinds of turtles are there..I just google it and get the answer and we talk about it. (what would life like be w/out google? ) But if you google Resurrection you don't get the answer on how this physical /spiritual transformation happens.
Before the Easter bunny could come to our house Kaylee needed to answer Why do we celebrate Easter? All week long we would discuss this with her. By Thursday after telling the Easter story 4 nights in a row she said I don't know. So I broke it down to 2 words for her.. Jesus lives. I am happy to report by Friday She answered correctly. And the Easter bunny did come.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Kaylee's questions
Posted by Shelly at 1:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That's awesome...I was happy to get Max to say, "Jesus". Baby Steps!
Aww, she is such a cute little person!
Post a Comment