Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Weekend

I was soo looking for forward to conference weekend. I prepared by trying to do all my Sat. errands, chores, meal prep on Friday. This helped a little. BUT in my DREAm world I guess I pictured the Reeves Family gathering around the TV set for 4 hours Sat and Sunday to watch the Prophet and Apostles of the Lord give us divine direction and inspiration.


I keep telling myself all my prep paid off. But no matter how much you prepare you (I )am a mother of small children who CONSTANTLY need something. At times it was kinda frustrating dealing with all the wants, whining, injuries, messes(25 # bag of rice), 16 mos old eating tooth paste, and a repair of the kitchen sink. I wanted to SCREAM ~~~HELLO , don't you all see that I AM trying to hear the words of the Lord that have been prepared FOR ME. SO LEAVE ME ALONE!! you would all be very glad to know I did not loose it..okay maybe just a little.

Then I realized what I mentioned above (that I am a mother of small children who need me) and I lowered my expectations. Yes I know ~I guess I was over reaching a little thinking my 4 year old and 15 mos old would sit through 4 sessions. No matter how many conference activity packets you have It just wasn't happening!But you can't blame me for trying right?? So in the spirit of Conference I decided to try to actively and in a positive way encourage my family members to participate in Conference. Lets face it by Sunday afternoon I was getting a little anxious myself . I am not use to watching 8 hours of TV in 2 days.
Next Conference we will be attending 1 session at the local chapel. Where my children KNOW the rules of reverence.



All this said ~I hope you all know we did enjoy Conference and I absolutely gained much insight into my personal life. Once again the Spirit affirmed that I have a special purpose on this earth. That my Heavenly Father loves me. I know I have weaknesses . And even though most of the time I feel inadequate in the many roles I have been blessed to have, I can honestly say I try my best and that is all He expects of me. As we take the words spoken into our hearts may we remember them and use them as encouragement through the next 6 mos. IAlthough I have many favorite talks My favorite are from Elder Bednar and Elder Hale. As Elder Bednar suggested I am looking forward to making my home as holy as a temple . And as Elder Hale stated I think I need to learn to say the "4 most loving words more often...We can't afford it"

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Elder Hale's talk was one of our favorites from this weekend. I totally get the small kid craziness and how hard it is to sit and get everything out of the sessions you "think" you should be able to...amazingly we are still able to get what we need regardless. I love the idea of going to the chapel for a session...

Nikki said...

I loved Elder Hale's talk it was great wasn't it. And Elder Bednar's talk I will have to listen to again because I believe some craziness was happening during that one! Sorry about the rice that doesn't sound like fun!

Moffitt Family said...

You're a terrific and fun mom - what three lucky girls and one lucky guy! Can't wait to see you in a couple of months!

Millie said...

Always remember that through all the kaeyos God granted you the sanity and the unconditional love to love them and to overcome it all. I wish my boys were back home making me go crazy. Those days with them were PRICELESS!

Rebecca Holt Stay said...

My son felt a lot like you did about how hard it was to feel the spirit with little kids around, hard to feel like you're worshipping God. Then he read Matt 25 about feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, caring for the sick and realized that was EXACTLY what he (and YOU) did every day: inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the littlest of these, ye have done it unto me.