Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Everyone Loves a Blue Eyed Girl






As promised here is my Kaylee spotlight.

Kaylee is the middle child. Bekah and Sidney take after the Reeves side of the family tree. Kaylee is all Cochran. We were all surprised when Kaylee's blue eyes stayed. Eric, Bekah and I all have brownies. She got her blue eyes from her Pa Pa . My brother Seth also has them. And as I mention below, she shares other traits with my family.

From the very beginning Kaylee was stubborn. Like all my pregnancies, I was induced early with her. I made it to 37 weeks and that was my longest pregnancy. It was also my longest labor. I went to the hospital at 7pm Wednesday to start the induction. Thursday was St Patty's Day so I thought for sure that would be the day she would. Noooo she held out till Friday. I had her Friday 3-18-05 at 2pm which happened to be my anniversary. What a stinker!





But that is my Kay. She is super sweet, loves to snuggle but is very stubborn. If she wants something she will carry on and on about it till she gets it. And if you try to ignore her she will just get louder. It kinda reminds me of my not- so- little -little brother Shawn. My mom calls Kaylee "Shawn in a dress". Growing up he usually got his way b/c he would drive my mom nuts until he did. I'm not sure how much that has changed... what do you think Amy? (sorry Amy). If you think about it, its kinda a good trait for a girl to have . I guess she should thank Uncle Shawn for it. (For the record Shawn is actually a pretty cool Uncle and a great dad~ the girls just love him. So I guess he turned out ok: )




Bekah and Kay Halloween 2005


She' ll write on the walls-- look up at daddy and say "I'm sorry" and the blue eyes will just make him melt. Its hard to stay mad at her. Its all about the eyes.



As a Mom I pick my battles~ but w/ Kaylee I lose many battles! And unlike Bekah, Kaylee has a little Temper. She has taken many swings at Bekah over something silly. When she wakes up in the morning the first thing she does is check in on (wake-up) baby Sidney. During the day if she doesn't see baby Sidney around she starts looking for her. If she finds her and she is sleeping she will wake her up.


Kaylee is my little Tom Boy. But she is also my little princess. Its actually pretty funny she'll play with her trains/trucks/tigers while dressed in a princess dress. For having three girls we have quite the variety of toys. Whenever looking for a gift for Kay we head to the boy section. Eric loves picking out toys for her~ he knows her style.
We found early on she had a high tolerance of pain. For those of you who watch the TV show Heroes she is my Claire ---you know the cheerleader who doesn't feel pain. She'll be running and trip --fall skin her knees and she'll just get up like no big thing and keep going.



Here is some fun facts about Kay

favorite color: blue

favorite person: Bekah

favorite tv show: Go Diego Go

favorite place to visit : Pa Pa's house

favorite food: cereal and milk

favorite scripture story: anything w/ a boat
favorite movie: Cars

She loves to draw mommy rainbows and sign her name with a "K"

She is a go go girl , she never stops till she passes out



She loves to say prayers Today when blessing dinner she prayed that the flowers would grow. And did not bless the food. But I'm sure Heavenly Father knows she has a grateful heart.





Kaylee is our little jokester. She brightens our family with her sweet cheerful spirit. I often wondered what I would do with out her. Having Bekah in school and sweet little Sidney, I'd be bored if it weren't for Kaylee. She is full of energy and some days its hard for her old mom to keep up. I recognize that little twinkle in her eye that is a little mischievous. It reminds me of myself.

When she acts like my Krazy Kay~ I have to smile and think I was like that when I was 3.

3 comments:

Amy Jane said...

yea you got shawn spot on :) i love that you spotlight you beautiful children, its so fun to read!!

Lindsey said...

Aww what a little doll face! Those eyes are gonna make the boys go crazy!

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

Kay Kay is so very funny... her and Austin got along great (his fave movie Cars, we would watch it all day everyday if he could) I also wanted to mention that YOU TAKE AMAZING PICTURES.. I love your pictures!