Warning: This Post will be offensive to you if you are a Nazi Potty Trainer(definition: someone who claims there barely 2 yr old is potty trained even though they continue to have daily accidents or if you use borderline abusive methods to get the newly 2 year old to use the potty.
If you think you fit the definition
***** Just scroll down to my disclaimer at the end.***
Yes it is that time of year again. Mommy's all over will start potty training there 18 mos old-??? whatever age. And I have joined in on the festivities. I must say it has been very successful. She went from never using a potty to no accidents (INCLUDING NIGHT) in 3 days. She refuses to use pull-up s (which I am A BIG fan of and I HATE pee all over my house) But she is a big girl now and won't wear them. The reason why this went so well is b/c she is 3. She turned 3 in March. She showed interest and she didn't want diapers or pull- ups. Which left one option... the toilet. To all of you Nazi potty trainers out there you may ask : why do I wait so long to potty train? This is the reason. I don't consider them potty trained Until they can do these things by themselves without me
recognize they need to go and go to the bathroom
pull there pants down
put themselves on the toilet
wipe themselves (although w/pooh sometimes 5 year old need help)
flush
wash hands
When you have to remind a child every hour "did you go to the potty" and physically drag them in there and go . That is not a potty trained child in my book. That is a mother who is trained to put her child on the toilet every hour. And moms continue to do this for months claiming there child is trained. When for a year the child is having weekly accidents, the child really isn't trained in my book.
So I have high expectations that most 18 mos old and 2 year old can't meet without months of training. So I skip those "months of training" wait till three and make it easier on myself.
I know some of you probably think I'm just taking the easy way out..... Well your right! But hey my child will being doing all of those things mentioned above within a few months of everyone else . It only took 2 days of trying.
**** Disclaimer : There are a few children who I have known to be "potty trained" even
according to my standards at a very young age( before 2). One child (not to mention any names, Janie ) was at a very young age and so was her sister. And I do not consider her mom a Nazi potty trainer :) She just has the skills. I love ya Kristel!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Tis the Season
Posted by Shelly at 1:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
i just have this feeling that at age 2, 3, or 4 my boys... wont ever be ready...there boys....so why not start now? Ethan can pull his undies up and down, he puts his potty insert in, climbs on, and flushes. He just doesn't actually put anything in there....yet Also, everytime he wets his diaper, he would strip down and pull it off and he told me when he went poo poo and laid down. So in his case...I think he's ready. I waited till Ryan was "ready" and it got me nothing. I have heard from many many moms they are ready when they are ready...I just feel like Ethan is ready, he wants to...I read this whole book on potty training last night and it made so much sense to me...so I have a game plan. I just think this summer will be so much better and then he can start pre-schoolin the fall, and go to camp carnival, and do summer camp next year. I am so happy Kay was that easy for you! Yes, she was ready and two she was a she! You remember those blue's clues undies your mom got Ryan for his 2cd b-day i think...like hint hint...so funny, well Ethan's is wearing those today and his little butt looks cute, I'm gonna blog about it soon :) I'll call you!
Wow. So I guess Ethan is ready. Kudos to you Lisa. You go Girl. Best of Luck! Just promise me you won't give him a cold shower if he had an accident. Yes, true story I had a friend who did that. I hope you have a carpet steam cleaner:) Can't wait to see ya.
lisa get the prize for the longest blog comment!!! haha
Post a Comment